I was honored to be selected for Digital Brand Architect (UTA’s) DBA mentorship program.
I want to issue a heartfelt thanks to my mentors, Loredana Wulff, Raelyn Slaughter, Emily Tepper, and Christina Jones, who made me feel welcome, and valuable as a creator, and went back and forth with me on creative ideas and industry predictions. My mind was alight the entire time, and having completed my grad degree at SCU, I missed online learning! What better way to graduate from being a full-fledged creator?
The other incredible DBA team members who took the time to assist me during the program: EJ James, Donnelle Branche, and Chloe Rothstein.
Here are my top takeaways from the program:
- I’ve loved leading the short-form video comedy arena with TikTok and Instagram, but it’s time for me to get back to re-launch my long-form content including on YouTube – next year, I’m going in!
- I can and will charge my worth this year and every year and adjust as I grow! According to Insider, the gap between Black and white content creators was found to be 35%.
- I’m long overdue to partner with creators! This year, I dream of working with Blair Imani, Lonnie Davis, Benjamin Abiola, and Laron Hines, and naturally, members of my cohort.
- Re-engaging previous clients is not a bad idea, nor is setting a monthly reminder to re-calculate metrics. At the rate I’m growing, I might have to do this weekly.
- I want to take you all with me, and a newsletter is one of the best ways to do so! Subscribe to mine here.
Thanks again, DBA!